The 8th Annual Sahuarita Pecan Festival is a week away! Here are this year’s maps.
This year’s Festival attractions include:
· The 8th Annual Pecan Classic Nut Run/Walk, starting at 9 a.m. Register online at www.taggrun.com/event/pecan-classic
· A Kid’s Area, sponsored by Green Valley News and Sahuarita Sun. The Kid’s Area will include bounce houses, carnival games, bungee jumping and pony rides and our popular Arabian horse demonstrations presented by Southern Arizona Arabian Horse Association.
· Arts and crafts vendors in the marketplace, selling locally made, unique items perfect for holiday shopping.
· Food vendors from all over Southern Arizona, preparing BBQ, sweets, and treats.
· A Heritage Area, featuring tractor pull contests, antique tractor displays, and Model A cars.
· Horse-drawn wagon rides into the orchard for pecan harvest demonstrations. Cost is $1 per person (free for kids five years old or younger), or donate non-perishable food items.
· A Pecan Pie Contest, sponsored by Mama’s Hawaiian Barbeque. The entry fee is $10 and the registration form, due on Nov 11, can be found on the Festival website, along with additional details.
The Sahuarita Pecan Festival is held at the Green Valley Pecan Company, 1625 E. Sahuarita Road, Sahuarita, AZ. Festival attendees can take advantage of the free shuttle service from two locations around Sahuarita: Walden Grove High School, and Sahuarita School District’s parking lot. Also, parking (general and disabled) will be available immediately south of the festival grounds for $5 per car. Most of the festival grounds and parking areas are not paved; please take care and be aware of the grounds when getting around.