SAHUARITA, Ariz. –The 9th Annual Sahuarita Pecan Festival is Saturday, Nov. 11, 2017 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hosted by the Green Valley Pecan Company, the Sahuarita Pecan Festival offers family-friendly activities for all ages while supporting local community organizations.
The Sahuarita Pecan Festival is held at the Green Valley Pecan Company, 1625 E. Sahuarita Road, Sahuarita, AZ. Festival attendees can take advantage of the free shuttle service from two locations around Sahuarita: Walden Grove High School, and Sahuarita School District’s parking lot. Also, parking (general and disabled) will be available immediately south of the festival grounds for $5 per car. Most of the festival grounds and parking areas are not paved; please take care and be aware of the grounds when getting around.
The Festival averages nearly 20,000 attendees each year. Over the past seven years, the Festival has raised more than $25,000 and 7,000 pounds of food for local charities. Additional information can also be found on Facebook (/SahuaritaPecanFestival) and Twitter (@PecanFestival).
Our planning is underway. Please check back for full details.
· The 9th Annual Pecan Classic Nut Run/Walk, starting at 9 a.m. Register online at www.taggrun.com/event/pecan-classic; register by Oct. 31 to receive a free tech T-shirt.
· The Kid’s Area will include bounce houses, carnival games, bungee jumping and pony rides and our popular Arabian horse demonstrations presented by Southern Arizona Arabian Horse Association.
· Arts and crafts vendors in the marketplace, selling locally made, unique items perfect for holiday shopping.
· Food vendors from all over Southern Arizona, preparing BBQ, sweets, and treats.
· A Heritage Area, featuring tractor pull contests, antique tractor displays, and Model A cars.
· Horse-drawn wagon rides into the orchard for pecan harvest demonstrations.