Join us for the 9th Annual Sahuarita Pecan Festival Nov. 11, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Festival this year is offered in honor of our veterans. It features live entertainment, heritage demonstrations, a kids’ zone, food, and shopping. All in a lively and fun atmosphere.
- Selection Process
- Selection Criteria
- Rules and Regulations
- Fees Schedule and Payment Information
- Application Download
- Acceptance and Release Agreement
The Sahuarita Pecan Festival is seeking vendors that will enhance the atmosphere of the Festival. This event highlights regional and local businesses, particularly those with locally-grown foods or products of the Santa Cruz River Valley.
Interested participants should keep in mind:
- Full payment, including deposit, must be received within 30 days from the approval date. Failure to comply will make the space available to others.
- Due to the event’s high popularity, spaces fill out quickly; vendors are strongly encouraged to submit their registration as soon as possible.
- The deadline for ALL registrations for all areas will be Oct. 1, 2017. Festival staff will evaluate the registrations weekly and select based on the criteria below. We will notify vendors regarding acceptance decisions.
- Please note that completing the registration is not a confirmation of acceptance.
- Vendors must fill out the application completely, sign and send back to us to be considered for space.
- Most Festival communication is done via email. Please help ensure we can reach you by writing your email address clearly!
- New vendors’ applications will be presented to a committee and are subject to approval according to some of the criteria bellow.
- Returning vendors must submit full payment within 30 days of submitting registration.
- Failure to comply with payment will open the space for others.
- All vendors are required to submit proof of insurance for the business or organization by attaching certificate of liability (sample available upon request). If you do not have insurance, we offer a one-time rider for $70.00. If you need to apply for this option, please contact Paula Beemer for more information.
- All participants must submit copies of applicable licenses/permits documents when applying.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available for businesses to participate as booth attendees. Please contact Paula Beemer for sponsorship packet.
- The Community Partners registration is limited to eight vendors. A community partner is a non-profit or fundraising group promoting its services.
- All selected vendors are required to stay open until 5:00 p.m. on the day of the event.
- Absolutely no refunds for no-shows or cancellations.
- Arts & crafts vendors must sell hand-crafted or specialty manufactured work and/or art.
- Preference will be given to food vendors that incorporate pecans into their menu items.
- Presentation and booth quality. New vendors must send a photo (hard copy or digital) to demonstrate booth quality.
- Be aware that this is not a business fair. Multi-level marketing products/companies do not qualify. Vendors must sell either food or hand-crafted products to be selected.
VENDOR RULES AND REGULATIONS
Health and Safety Deposit
Vendors are required to follow all the health and safety rules established by Festival staff. In order to ensure compliance with these rules, vendors will be required to provide a $100 deposit as part of their Festival application. If vendors comply with the rules, a $100 refund check will be issued after the Festival. If a vendor violates any of the rules of the agreement, the deposit will not be returned and vendor will not be asked back.
Leaving Festival Grounds Early is Prohibited
Driving a vehicle on to the Festival grounds causes a significant safety issue for attendees, volunteers and other vendors. Once the Festival starts, vendors will not be allowed to access the Festival grounds with their vehicles. There will be a “no vehicle” period following the close of the Festival to allow sufficient time for all attendees to exit the grounds. During the “no vehicle” period vendors may pack up their products and booth; however, they cannot drive their vehicle on to the grounds until given specific clearance by Festival staff and the Sahuarita Police Department (SPD). Any vendors that drive a vehicle on the Festival grounds early will forfeit their deposit.
Loading Periods and Parking
Vendors will be given time to unload and load their vehicles before and after the Festival. During this time, vendors must be patient and follow the directions of Festival staff and SPD, who will be helping to direct vendor traffic. Any vendor causing a safety problem or not following instructions from the staff or SPD will forfeit their deposit. Once the unloading period ends, Festival vendors must move their vehicles to the designated vendor parking area.
Each vendor will be given two vendor parking passes for use during the event day.
There is limited parking. Please use the passes for those that need access to their cars during the day. If you have volunteers coming to work that day and do not need to transport product, we ask that they park in lot south of Sahuarita Road.
You may acquire general parking passes for your volunteers. We have free shuttle parking available from Walden Grove High School and Sahuarita High School and $5.00 onsite parking. The parking proceeds benefit our many student groups and local organizations that help make the Festival a success. It is our biggest fundraiser for the Festival.
We will host a vendor meeting on Oct. 19, 2017, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Town of Sahuarita Council Chambers located at 315 W Sahuarita Center Way, Sahuarita, AZ 85629. We ask our vendors to attend to learn of changes to the Festival and ask questions during this time. Vendors receive their maps and parking passes at this meeting. If a vendor is unable to attend, a pre-festival phone consultation will be required. The meeting is important to ensure that vendors understand all applicable health and safety regulations.
Insurance, Sales Tax and Food Safety Requirements
Insurance: All vendors participating in the Festival must have $1,000,000 liability insurance. You will be required to name FICO/Green Valley Pecan Company/Sahuarita Pecan Festival as additional insured. Certificate of insurance must be received once vendor has been approved and no later than October 1. If you have attended Sahuarita Pecan Festival in the past and you are renewing your certificate, please let us know the renewal date. General liability insurance procured by the vendor is primary and non-contributory. If the vendor is unable to provide insurance, please contact the Festival coordinator to make other arrangements.
Vendors must receive a Business License from the Town of Sahuarita; there is no charge for this license.
The license may be obtained from the Town Clerk’s office by calling (520) 822-8801, or you may fill out and submit the document online at: http://sahuaritaaz.gov/Index.aspx?NID=248
Non-profit organizations do not need a business license.
Here is the link if you are renewing: http://sahuaritaaz.gov/DocumentCenter/View/390
Your documents must be completed by Oct. 15, 2017.
Pima County Temporary Food Establishment License and Food Safety
Restaurant/food vendors (non-Licensed Mobile Food Units) must receive a Pima County Temporary Food Establishment License. It must be received by Festival coordinator 20 days prior to event. There is a $60.00 fee. The license can be obtained from Pima County Health Department at (520) 724-7908.
The Sahuarita Pecan Festival requires that all food vendors follow the Pima County Consumer Health and Safety policies and procedures. A valid Pima County Temporary Food Vendor certificate and Food Handlers Card must be provided to the Festival organizers no later than 20 business days prior to the event.
Mobile Food Units must provide a copy of their Pima County Food Establishment License when submitting their application. If your license expires before the event you will need to send a copy of the new document.
If you do not have a mobile food unit, you must comply with the Pima County Health Department’s Temporary Food Establishment Guidelines.
Vendor is responsible for compliance with Arizona sales tax laws. Contact the Arizona Department of Revenue at 800-634-6494 for more information.
Booth Set Up/Safety/Inspection
Applicants are required to provide their own booth set-up. Booth set-up, signage and banners must be professional looking. The appearance of your booth is very important to the success of the Festival.
All vendors using tents must stake their tents (Marketplace area) or use sandbags. Prior to the start of the Festival, there will be a safety inspection to make sure all canopies are properly weighted.
Vendors are responsible for cleaning up their booth space area. Vendors that leave garbage, boxes or debris in their booth space at the end of the Festival will forfeit their deposit. At this time, Festival staff will determine if the vendor has satisfactorily complied with Festival rules and regulations and receive a deposit refund check.
The Festival will occur, regardless of inclement weather. All vendors should come prepared to manage their booths in the event of rain or wind. The only exception is if the Festival organizers determine the weather to be a safety threat. If weather, major disaster or other circumstances beyond the control of the Festival organizers cause the cancellation of the Festival, fees will not be returned. FICO cannot be held liable by exhibitors for the failure of the event to take place or damage to products or structures. You may check the Sahuarita Pecan Festival website at www.sahuaritapecanfestival.com on the morning of the event if you are unsure of weather conditions.
FEES SCHEDULE & PAYMENT INFORMATION
|Artist, craft or pre-packaged food||$130|
|Community Partner – non-profit: artist, craft or pre-packaged food
(Limited to 8 vendors)
|Restaurant/Food Truck (electricity not included)||$160|
|Opt-in for insurance (required if you do not have your own policy)||$70|
|Electricity (select this option if you need electricity for your setup)||$30|
|Required! Refundable health & safety deposit||$100|
Once accepted, please mail your check and acceptance of rules, regulations & release agreement to:
Green Valley Pecan Company
c/o Shannon Field
1525 E Sahuarita Rd
Sahuarita, AZ 85629
Memo line: Sahuarita Pecan Festival
If you are paying by credit card, contact Shannon Field at (520)879-7423 or provide us with your phone number and best time to reach you in the application.